Please note – when you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by post or email.
These terms are between you and us.
- When the following words with capital letters are used in these Terms, this is what they will mean:
|Arrival Date||the date (and time) on which your Booking will begin and the Property will be made available to you.|
|Balance Due Date||60 days before your Arrival date, except in circumstances where Booking Confirmation is issued less than 60 days before the Arrival Date (in which case the balance is due upon Booking).|
|Lynne Johnson and John Johnson, a partnership t/a Cranmer Cottages whose office is at Home Farm, Cranmer, Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21 9HY.|
|Booking||the confirmed reservation of the Property to commence on the Arrival Date and end on the Departure Date.|
|Booking Confirmation||the written acceptance of the Booking Reservation which may include more information such as details around arrival and departure, directions, Property Rules etc.|
|Booking Fee||the 6% non-refundable administrative fee taken from the Deposit.|
|Booking Price||the total price as charged to you for the Booking including any additional charges as set out on the Website or otherwise notified to you when making a Booking.|
|Booking Reservation||the Guest’s request to book a Property for holiday letting purposes.|
|Business Day||a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England when banks in London are open for business.|
|Business Hours||09:00 to 17:00 on any Business Day.|
|Contact Details||the details found on our Contact Us page of our Website.|
|Departure Date||the date (and time) on which your Booking will end and they must vacate the Property.|
|Deposit||35% of the total Booking Price, required from you when making the Booking to secure the Property for the duration of the Booking.|
|Events Outside of the parties Control||as defined in clause 11.|
|the individual who makes the Booking Reservation and will attend and make use of the Property (further to Booking Confirmation) with their party.|
|Property||the property/properties provided for holiday letting purposes, details of which have been made available on the Website.|
|Property Rules||specific restrictions applicable to a Property and facilities available on site as detailed on the Website.|
|Security Deposit||a fixed fee amount charged at our discretion to each Guest for the Booking as detailed on the Website.|
|Terms||these terms and conditions on which your Booking is supplied to you.|
- When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these Terms, this will include email but excludes fax.
- our contract with you
- Please ensure that you read these Terms carefully, and check that the details on the Booking (including the Arrival Date) and within these Terms are complete and accurate before you submit the Booking Reservation. If you think that there is a mistake within these Terms or that these Terms require any changes, please contact us to discuss. We will confirm any changes to these Terms in writing to avoid any confusion between you and us.
- Once you submit a Booking Reservation to us and pay the Deposit (or the full Booking Price if the Booking Reservation is made within 60 days of the Arrival Date) we will send you a Booking Confirmation email (or letter in the post, if you do not have or have not provided an email address).
- These Terms will become binding between you once we issue you with the Booking Confirmation.
- If any of these Terms conflict with any term contained within the Booking Reservation, the Booking Confirmation, or the Property Rules, these Terms will take priority.
- The maximum number of people who can stay in the Property will be notified to you on the Website. You guarantee that you will not exceed that number.
- You agree not to arrive at the Property before the Arrival Date and to depart from the Property on or before the Departure Date. The Property will not be available at any time outside of the times reserved by you. We reserve the right to make a reasonable additional charge (whether by retaining a Security Deposit if applicable or otherwise) in the event that you have not left the Property by the agreed Departure Date.
- Any illustrations, photographs and other imagery displayed are for illustrative purposes only are subject to change and no warranty or other representation is made as to the quality of the Property by us via the Website.
- You confirm that the individual making the Booking Reservation is over the age of 18.
- The Property is provided for holiday letting purpose only for the specified period as detailed in your Booking Confirmation. For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms do not create a landlord and tenant between you and us and you will not be entitled to any:
- new tenancy; or
- assured short hold or tenancy; or
- any statutory protection either under the Housing Act 1988 or by way of a statutory security of tenure,
now or from the Departure Date of the Booking.
- Changes to BOOKING or terms
- We may revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- changes in how we accept payment from you;
- changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- if we have a valid commercial reason to do so.
- If we have to revise these Terms under clause 1, we will give you at least 14 days written notice of any changes to these Terms before they take effect. You can choose to cancel the contract in accordance with clause 9.
- If you wish to change the dates of your Booking or amend your Booking in anyway, please contact us via our Contact Details. We cannot guarantee that your requests will be accommodated and reserve that right to charge for any differences in price (for example if the new dates fall within a high season as detailed on the Website).
- We may revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- ENJOYING the Property & Restrictions
- We will supply the Property to you for the period set out in the Booking Confirmation.
- Access to the Property is subject to your adherence to these Terms and the Property Rules. Please note that facilities provided are to be used at the Guests own risk and must be used in accordance with the Property Rules.
- We will make every effort to make the Property available to you on time. However, there may be delays due to an Event Outside of the Parties Control. See clause 11 for our responsibilities when an Event Outside of the Parties Control happens.
- If you do not pay us for your Booking when you are due to, access to the Property will not be permitted and the Booking will be cancelled.
- You shall take proper care of the Property and its contents during your Booking and may lose your Security Deposit (if applicable) and/or receive an invoice for any damage caused or loss suffered if the Property and its contents are not left in the same state in which it is found at your Arrival Date.
- Any Property Rules provided to you via the Website, shall be incorporated into these Terms and breach of any of the Property Rules will be treated as a breach that entitles us to cancel the contract.
- We will issue you with the key safe code by email prior to the Arrival Date. All keys must be returned to the relevant Property key safe on the Departure Date. If you lose or damage a set of keys, we will deduct the cost of the replacement from your Security Deposit or invoice you separately. Failure to return the keys before or on the Departure Date will result in further charges.
- Any inappropriate or aggressive behaviour towards our staff and/or other Guests will not be tolerated and may result in you being asked to vacate the Property immediately.
- All Properties and the surrounding grounds are no smoking and no vaping areas. If it is evident that smoking or vaping has occurred during your Booking, you will be asked to vacate the Property immediately and will be liable for any costs incurred deep cleaning, redecorating and cancelling all or part of any subsequent bookings if the Property has been rendered uninhabitable.
- Internet access is offered in all Properties, on the basis that it is provided for recreational use only. Neither a minimum speed, unrestricted bandwidth nor uninterrupted provision of access is guaranteed and we will not be liable for any form of compensation or expenses claimed by you in respect of the provision or quality of internet connectivity.
- If you wish to have a third party to provide services on the Property premises, this will only be allowed where we have provided written approval of such third parties ahead of the Arrival Date. Please contact us using the Contact Details to discuss any such third party.
- Upon your arrival, please notify us of any defects within the first 24 hours in writing. Thereafter you will be deemed to have accepted the condition of the Property.
- Please ensure you are familiar with the Property’s location and that the Property is suitable for your needs.
- Please respect the surrounding properties during your stay and comply with any applicable laws and rules throughout your Booking, including but not limited to The Countryside Code.
- We, or an authorised representative or agent acting on our behalf (including but not limited to tradespeople) reserve the right to enter the Property at all reasonable times for the purpose of inspection or to carry out any repair deemed necessary to the Property and its contents.
- All belongings and vehicles are left at the Property at your own risk. Please ensure all belongings are removed by the Departure Date as the return of any lost property cannot be guaranteed and will incur charges.
- The Website and/or Property Rules will detail whether or not pets are permitted at the Property and any additional charges for pets.
- Where pets are not permitted but have been brought with you for the Booking, we reserve the right to request immediate departure and/or charge for any damage caused and deep cleaning required as a result.
- Where pets are permitted, we reserve the right to refuse admission or request immediate departure from the Property to anyone who brings more than the agreed number or size of pets or anyone who leave pets unattended in the Property during the period of their Booking.
- You will be liable for any damage caused by pets or parasites introduced by your pets, including where the Property is not left sufficiently clean and for any pet waste that has not been removed from the Property and the surrounding areas. The cost of any repair, replacement or extra cleaning will be taken from the Security Deposit and/or invoiced to you separately.
- We are not liable for any allergies that are affected as a result of pets present in previous occupancy (please note this may apply to Properties where pets are not permitted in the case of assistance dogs).
- Price and payment
- The Booking Price will be set out on the Website, at the time of submitting your Booking Reservation and as detailed in your Booking Confirmation.
- All Payments may be made by major credit or debit cards and by BACS transfer (please use the Guests surname as the reference on all BACS payments).
- Where VAT is chargeable, it is included in the sums given.
- Where your Booking Reservation is more than 60 days from the Arrival Date, you must pay a minimum Deposit as notified to you upon submitting the Booking Reservation. The remaining balance of the Booking Price together with the Security Deposit (if applicable) must be paid by the Balance Due Date.
- Where your Booking Reservation is made with less than 60 days before the Arrival Date, you must pay the full balance of the Booking Price and Security Deposit (if applicable) at the time of making a Booking Reservation.
- We will notify you before the Balance Due Date that payment is due. If payment is not received we will try and contact you. If we cannot contact you or you do not make any payment due to us by the Balance Due Date for payment, we will treat the non-payment as your cancellation of the Booking and therefore termination of this contract. In these circumstances, your rights to a refund are set out in clause 9.
- LEGAL RIGHTS and complaints
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to your Booking where it is not offered to you with reasonable skill and care, or if the service provided to you is faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights. However we ask that you contact us in the first instance using our Contact Details.
- Our liability to you
- No party can exclude or limit in any way their liability where it is illegal to do so, and this contract does not seek to exclude or limit any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of the Terms or our negligence. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if it had been brought to our attention by you before the loss or damage occurred. For the avoidance of doubt, we are not responsible for any transport and/or alternative accommodation costs.
- We only supply the Property for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Property for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not have any responsibility or liability to you (other than as outlined above) for loss of or damage to any of your items, belongings or vehicles, howsoever caused.
- your rights to cancel and applicable refund
- We recommend that you take an appropriate travel insurance policy before placing your Booking Reservation.
- You may cancel a Booking before the Arrival Date by contacting us using the Contact Details. All cancellations will be subject to the following refunds dependant on the amount of time before the Arrival Date:
|Up to 60 days before the Arrival Date||Less than 60 days and more than 41 days before the Arrival Date||Less than 40 days and more than 21 days before the Arrival Date||Less than 20 days before the Arrival Date|
|All monies paid less the Booking Fee.||50% of the Booking Price||25% of the Booking Price||0% of the Booking Price|
|For example if you make your Booking on 1st January with the Arrival date of 1st April at a total cost of £1,000 and cancel your Booking on 18th February, you will receive a £500 refund.|
- We will confirm your cancellation with you in writing and notify you of any payment or refund due to you at that time. Please note that cancellation will not be effective until we have provided written confirmation of the same.
- Please note that if you need to cancel because you are ill, including where you are showing symptoms of illness (for the avoidance of doubt this includes Covid19 and/or self-isolating due to Covid19), this will be treated as a cancellation by you and not an Event Outside the Parties Control (Clause 11).
- If you need to cancel your Booking, we will try and re–let the Property. If we are able to re-let the Property, we will refund money paid less our Booking Fee and subject to any difference in price between the Booking Price and the re-let price.
- If you depart voluntarily from the Property before the Departure Date, no refund shall be given.
- Where you have cancelled a Booking because of our failure to comply with these Terms or if we change these Terms under clause 1 and you elect to cancel the contract (except where we have been affected by an Event Outside of the Parties Control), you do not have to make any payment to us.
- our rights to cancel and applicable refund
- We may have to cancel a Booking before the Arrival Date of your Booking due to an Event Outside of the Parties Control. We will promptly contact you if this happens.
- If we have to cancel a Booking under clause 1 and you have made any payment in advance for your Booking that have not been provided to you, we will refund these amounts to you.
- We may cancel the contract for your Booking at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice if you:
- do not pay us when you are supposed to; or
- break the contract in any other material way.
- Event Outside of the Parties Control
- Neither party shall be in breach of this agreement nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this agreement if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control. In such circumstances the time for performance shall be extended by a period equivalent to the period during which performance of the obligation has been delayed or failed to be performed. If the period of delay or non-performance continues for one month, the party not affected may terminate this agreement by giving 5 Business Days written notice to the affected party.
- Weather will only be included as an Event Outside of the Parties Control where a red weather warning has been issued by the Met Office.
- In the event of a pandemic, epidemic or restriction of the movement of peoples as dictated by the government or public authority, we reserve the right to issue specific terms at such a time via the Website and will communicate this to you via the contact details provided us.
- For the avoidance of doubt, self-isolation due to Covid19 and/or showing symptoms of Covid19 is not an Event Outside of the Parties Control.
- Should any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control occur which means the Property cannot be provided to you, we will let you know as soon as possible so alternative accommodation and/or a refund can be arranged for you.
- How we may use your personal information
- We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- provide your Booking;
- process your payment for your Booking;
- process identity checks where necessary; and,
- inform you about similar products or services that we provide, where you have permitted us to. You may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us.
- We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another individual, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- Except for you (the Guest) and us, no other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you (or if we delay in doing so) that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These Terms are governed by English law. All parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
July 2021Cranmer Terms & Conditions 2021
Complying with these Property Rules at Cranmer Country Cottages is a requirement of the Booking terms & Conditions. Failure to adhere to the House Rules listed below may result in penalties such as deductions from the security deposit for extra cleaning cost or damage or in more serious cases you may be asked to vacate the property.
1. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- All Guests (and any Visitors) must comply with all Property Rules and any other instructions from the Property Owners Lynne & John Johnson during their stay; and
- We require names, ages and contact details for all guests staying on site, prior to arrival. This information is required to meet the Fire Regulations and for Covid Safety.
- No extra guests without permission.
- All Infants over the age of 2 years must have an allocated bed included as part of the booking numbers.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
- Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 pm and 8 am.
- Access to the cottages is available from 4.00pm unless you have been advised otherwise. Please remove shoes before entering the house.
- Departure is by 9.30am latest, unless you have been advised otherwise. We may make a charge for an additional night’s stay if you stay beyond your advised departure time.
- Do the washing-up, run the dishwasher and leave the property as you found it on arrival. On departure empty bins, remove all waste from the property and place in the appropriate bins in the recycling area.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied. to ensure to maintain security and prevent rain and water damage.
- At the end of your stay please return the keys to the key box or drop them off at the office. Replacement keys are charged at £25.00
- Cranmer Country Cottages aim to ensure that the particulars of the Properties as they appear on the Website are accurate. Nevertheless, on occasions items are replaced often at short notice and the Website cannot always be up to date.
- Please ensure that you check all of the details on your Selected Property (including price) at the time of Booking. We will endeavour to notify you of any changes or inaccuracies in any information contained on the Website
- If you have special requirements, please contact us before making your booking.
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
- We shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or pool.
- Excessive noise is prohibited at all times and may result in termination of the vacation rental agreement, eviction, loss of rental paid and extra charges which may be deducted from the Security Deposit.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
2. SECURITY DEPOSIT
In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- A security deposit of the amount shown on the booking form is required to be held against your default credit/debit card for the duration of your stay. The monies will be returned within 7 days of the end of your holiday, (less any reasonable costs for breakages, damage etc. if applicable).
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
3. DAMAGES & BREAKAGES
Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If something is missing or damaged in the accommodation, guests should let us know immediately, so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out.
- The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and there may be a charge for any loss or damage.
- All inventory items must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
4. GROUP BOOKINGS
Group bookings are accepted in our communicating and adjacent properties, booked together for everyone’s comfort and privacy.
- The “Booking-Lead” is responsible for ensuring maximum visitor numbers are not exceeded; and those members of the group are complicit with these House Rules.
- The Booking-Lead must provide the entry key box codes, allocate beds and properties to the group prior to arrival
- Where two or more properties have been booked together and form a group booking, we request that no items or furnishings are transferred between cottages.
- Where the inventory is not correct on departure, this will be deemed as additional cleaning and will be charged against the House-keeping deposit monies held for the duration of your booking.
Day visitors are permitted by special arrangement only and agreed in advance the stay.
- Day visitors are not permitted to use the pool or games room facilities unless this is agreed in writing in advance of the stay.
- Only guests listed on the booking form may stay overnight, Cranmer Country Cottages reserve the right to charge for unauthorised overnight stays and to ask guests to leave.
6. PARTIES OR EVENTS
Parties and large gatherings of any kind are strictly prohibited at Cranmer Country Cottages; and
- Any small gathering must comply with other rules set regarding noise , and visitor numbers.
- The maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed numbers declared on the booking form and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property.
- We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
NO smoking or vaping allowed on our property.
8. WIFI & TELEPHONE
Wi-Fi is provided for the guest’s reasonable use. The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
- Rural Broadband connection & guest Wi-Fi – slow and cannot be guaranteed.
- Rural telephone signal is not great. There is a functional red telephone box on site.
Designated parking areas are shown on the site map.
- There is no parking in the main courtyard behind the house. This is for unloading only. ▪ Parking is limited to 2 vehicles per property.
- There is CCTV in the main parking areas for security reasons – rural location.
10. ACCESS GUIDE
For guests with particular access & mobility requirements please check our Access Guides to ensure suitability of the property before making a booking. Contact us if you need further advice.
- Access Guides are available on our website.
11. GUEST SAFETY
On arrival You are required to familiarise yourselves with the following safety info for the property:
- Check the layout of the Property, so that in an emergency You and your party can get out quickly and easily.
- Check the locations of the fire extinguishers and fire blanket and read the instructions for use.
- Take note of the locations of: Stop Cock (water) and fuse board (electricity)
- Candles are not allowed inside the property.
- Read and take note of specific safety information and any appliance instructions provided in the Property or in your Information pack.
12. THIRD-PARTY SUPPLIERS (chefs etc)
If you wish to use the services of a third-party supplier whilst staying at Cranmer Country Cottages you must ask and receive written permission to do so. This may be for a chef, beauty treatments, (Cranmer Country Cottages has a pre-authorised list of private chefs and beauty treatments, baby-sitters etc).
- Cranmer Country Cottages would need to see the third-party supplier’s public liability insurance, and any other related/required certification. We will then seek approval from our insurers to allow the third-party activity to take place.
- Cranmer Country Cottages does not accept liability for the activities of these third-party suppliers.
- Hot Tubs or Bouncy Castles are not permitted on site.
13. SUPERMARKET DELIVERIES
Guests are able to arrange a supermarket delivery for the day of arrival. Waitrose Direct, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and Tesco’s all deliver to Cranmer Country Cottages.
- We ask for your delivery to be scheduled at a time after your anticipated arrival time.
- The delivery driver will require the bookers name and the name of the individual cottage/property.
- There may not be anyone around to give him/her directions. Phone signal is poor so he/she may not be able to get hold of anyone and the delivery will be returned to the depot.
14. WASTE & RECYCLING
We provide a waste and recycling area away from the properties. We ask guests to pre-sort their waste and dispose of it in the correctly marked bins for either: Household/general waste, clean dry recycling or glass.
- General household waste i.e.: food waste, nappies, cling film etc.; Or clean dry recyclables: newspaper, cardboard, glass bottles, cans, clean food cartons etc. The bins are clearly marked.
- Do not leave waste outside the properties as it will attract vermin. All waste must be removed from the property and taken to the waste area prior to departure.
15. WATER SUPPLY
Water for the property comes from a private supply. (Except End Cottage which is supplied by Anglian Water)
- Water is tested to meet statutory regulations by North Norfolk District Council.
- Water is softened using salt & a UV purification system.
- Nitrate levels can fluctuate so the water is not recommended for consumption for babies under 6 months old.
16. SEPTIC TANK: KLARGESTER
We are not on mains drainage. We operate on a septic tank system. This does not use any chemicals as it is a “green system”. It is very important that no chemicals bleach or Milton of any kind should be used at Cranmer Country Cottages. We provide all the necessary ecological cleaning materials in the housekeeping Starter box.
- Only human waste and loo paper should be disposed of in the toilet. Only liquids (but not melted fat) should go down the sink waste.
- Wet wipes and personal hygiene products should never be flushed down the loo. They block the tail drains and can cause the drains to back up.
17. WOOD BURNING STOVES
In properties with a wood burning stove:
- Only use dry and clean wood for combustion in the wood-burning stove.
- The burning of waste, synthetic materials and other treated or impregnated materials is not allowed as it is very hazardous to the environment.
- Firewood is not meant to” burn overnight”. Never close off the airflow completely, instead let the fire die out and light it again when you need it. Do not close off the airflow completely.
- Follow the lighting instruction in your House Guide.
18. CLEANING & LAUNDRY
- All properties are thoroughly cleaned between lettings, overseen by our in-house team. If there are any issues on your arrival at the property, please let us know immediately.
- Clean bedding & towels linen is provided by a Swiss Laundry at every changeover.
- Please do not use white cottage towels in the pool or take them to the beach.
- Please do not use the towels for hair dye or fake-tan.
- We reserve the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the linen or property in an unacceptable condition.
19.1 Baby- Friendly Extras
- We can provide 1 Travel Cot & 1 highchair per property. We can also provide booster seats and bedsides & baby bath subject to availability.
- Items must be requested in advance of your stay at the time of booking.
- Please bring your own cot bedding. (Cot is a Red Kite standard cot)
- All items are cleaned & checked before use.
- You will be required to assemble any items according to their instructions; and use of these items is at your own risk
19.2 Charcoal Barbeques
- Barbecues are provided for your use: the grill must be cleaned and food, ash & debris removed & disposed of in the metal bins located in the bin store.
- Keep children, away from the cooking area.
- Do not leave the barbecue unattended.
- Only use recognised fire lighters or starter fuel and only on cold coals – use the minimum necessary and never use petrol
- Please don’t put hot ashes straight into a dustbin or wheelie bin – they could melt the plastic and cause a fire.
- Use of the barbeque is at your own risk.
19.3 Garden Parasols
Garden parasols are provided in the summer weather conditions permitting. The parasols must be furled when not in use, and in windy & wet weather.
The communal facilities are strictly reserved for the use of clients and the owners of the property.
- We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice; where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control.
20.1 Swimming Pool
For example (this list is not exhaustive):
- Persons under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their behaviour at all times.
- Babies under 6 months old are not permitted in the pool.
- Guests must shower before entering the pool to rinse off sun creams and makeup.
- Infants and Toddlers must wear neoprene fitted Splashabout Happy Nappy.
- No lone swimmers
- No jumping or diving
- No food or drink to be consumed in the pool or changing areas.
- Slides /flip flops or something similar must be worn to and from the pool.
- Emergency exit doors and entry door must remain closed at all times.
- Pool timetable must be adhered to & vacated at the end of the swim session time
- CCTV is in operation in the main Pool Hall to monitor swimmers’ behaviour as recommended by our insurers.
Access to the pool:
An electronic key fob is provided to gain access to the pool at prescribed session times. The key fob is issued to the “Booking-Lead” on the understanding that they and their party understand and agree to abide by our Pool Safety Rules at all times.
- Pool is open between 7.00am – 8.00pm (times may be subject to change).
- Please bring your own towels for use in the pool.
- Cranmer Country Cottages reserves the right to alter the rules and available at any time and for any reason.
20.2 Tennis Courts
Tennis courts are for playing tennis only. No scooters, bikes or footballs on the courts.
20.3 Children’s Play Area
Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. ▪ Play equipment is not suitable for older children.
20.4 Games Room
The games room is open between 9.00am – 9.00pm.
- Please supervise children under 16 years at all times.
20.5 Gardens & Recreation Areas
- Take care when accessing the grassed recreation areas; the ground maybe uneven due to wildlife activity – rabbits & moles.
- In the interest of child safety – keep boundary gates closed at all times. ▪ No loud outdoor music or outdoor noise after 10.00pm.
21. PRIVATE AREAS
The gardens around the Farm House are private and out of bounds to guests.
- There is a deep pond in the front garden of the farmhouse – this area is strictly out of bounds to guests.
- The farm barns and surrounding farmland are private and are largely out of bounds to guests.
- Permission May be granted for a farm walk around the periphery only.
- Please do not walk through the woods opposite to the farm house this is for our neighbours’ private access only.
Up to 2 small /medium well- behaved dogs are welcome in End Cottage.
- We do not accept puppies under the age of 1 year.
- Guests must ensure that: Dogs are properly controlled and supervised at all times; dogs are not to be left unattended at the Property; and dogs are not allowed in any of the bedrooms or on any of the furniture. You are advised to bring a pet basket.
- A booking which includes a dog(s) is taken on the condition that all flea and worming is up to date and we reserve the right for written evidence of such treatment.
- Dogs are not allowed anywhere on the main site.
- We do not allow other pets: cats, hamsters Guinea pigs etc.
- Pet owners are responsible for removing any evidence left behind by their pet and reimbursing Cranmer country cottages for any damage caused by a pet.
- Guests agree to Cranmer Country Cottages Additional Terms for Bringing Dogs to End Cottage.
22.1 Registered Guide and Support Dogs
Registered guide and support dogs belonging to those with visual and hearing impairments are allowed in all properties even where the property description states that pets are not allowed.
Guests with allergies should be aware that Cranmer Country Cottages cannot guarantee that a registered guide and/or support dog has not stayed in their chosen property nor can Cranmer Country Cottages accept any liability for any suffering which may occur as a result of such animals having been present. If this is a concern, please contact us for advice before making a booking.
23. LOST PROPERTY
Please take all your belongings with you. If, when you arrive home, you notice something missing; please let us know as soon as possible. We are happy to return most items which will incur a minimum charge of £15.00. Please note, items not claimed within 28 days will be disposed of.
24, RURAL WAY-OF-LIFE
Our property is located in a rural area. Bats and other wildlife may be present around our property and in the grounds. Any disturbance caused to the guest should be reported immediately to the Office, by email or Out of Hours mobile number. Bats are a protected species and it is illegal to interfere with them or their habitat.
- Flora and fauna: In rural areas, insects and other creatures are fairly common and not necessarily an indication of poor housekeeping standards. Whilst preventative action is always taken by the management, these creatures can never be eradicated completely
25. FIREWORKS & CHINESE LANTERNS
No Chinese lanterns to be lit under any circumstances. No fireworks (Due to Livestock and drying arable crops).
Drones are not to be flown over any of our property or in the immediate neighbourhood for privacy reasons.
27. ELECTRIC CARS & DEVICES
From August 2021 we can provide 2 EV charging points in our lower car park. There are 2 x type 2 sockets, the supply is 7.2kW (32 amp). We do not provide rapid charging due to our limited electricity supply.
- Cars must be charged using the UV charging points in the north car park.
- You must not charge your car from a standard 13 Amp plug within the property as this would be a Fire Risk.
- Any electrical devices you bring with you on holiday should always be in a safe condition. For devices such as electrical heaters, there could be a potential fire risk, so we ask you to discuss such devices with the Cranmer Country Cottages owners before arrival.
- Cranmer Country Cottages hold the right to charge additional fees for EV charging.
28. GREEN BUSINESS
- Cranmer Country Cottages have been a committed Green Tourism Business since 2009. For information on how we can work together to make lass impact on our surroundings please see our Green Information web page.
- We ask all guests to respect our rural natural environment and wildlife during their stay.
- Guests should switch off lights when not in use to promote energy saving.
29. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Cranmer Country Cottages aim to provide a high level of customer service and want all of our guests to be completely happy with their holiday. Things do go wrong occasionally and without warning. In the unlikely event that there are any issues with the property, please get in touch with us as soon as possible so that we can do our best to put it right.
We will make every effort to resolve the issue as soon as reasonably practicable.
Compensation will not be considered for any complaints that are made after the hire has ended, or where the guest or “lead Booker” has denied Cranmer Country Cottages staff or owners the opportunity to investigate, address or remedy the issue during the Guests’ stay.
Mobile telephone reception is not good in our area. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into the office (Open 9.00 – 5.00 Monday – Friday).
- Breach of any of these Property Rules is a breach of Cranmer Country Cottages’ Booking Terms and Conditions and
- The Owner and Manager reserve the right to terminate permission to occupy and to evict from Cranmer Country cottages property, any Guests or Visitors who refuse to follow these Property Rules or who cause a nuisance to other guests, neighbours’ or other residents of the community.
- Owners live on site and are around most of the time. The office is open Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
- We cannot guarantee that someone will be available onsite 24/7.
- Owners are usually contactable at weekends between 10.00 – 12.00 for emergencies only.
- Contact via email email@example.com
- Telephone 01328 823135 – house & office phone.
- Mobile phone 0744 3373224 (Please note the mobile is used when the owners are away or not on site. The reception may not be good enough for its use. If you send a text, please leave your name & the name of your cottage and we will get back to you.
Updates 16 July 2021