We understand that many of you may have some apprehension about your visit so, for the sake of clarity and your peace of mind, we have put together the following document to inform you of the measures we have put in place ready for your stay.
Please note with the Government Coronavirus Restrictions in place it is each individual’s responsibility to check the requirements specific to them and their party prior to making a booking and travelling to Cranmer Country Cottages.
So, a few general points to start:
We would ask you that this factsheet be read in conjunction with our Guest Charter.
We will be operating our site with some restrictions in place when we reopen on April 12th and only relaxing those restrictions in line with the change in government guidelines as and when we feel it safe to do so.
Please observe social distancing rules and wear a face covering in shared areas, ie when crossing the courtyards to reach the pool, in the parking areas and around the children’s play area.
We expect that some of the measures listed below will change as time goes by and all aspects of COVID-19 safety protocols are constantly under review.
We will perform temperature checks for all staff at the beginning of their shift.
All team members will be washing their hands (or using hand sanitiser) at regular intervals from the moment they arrive at work.
The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible…. please do not think we are being impolite!
All our staff have undergone comprehensive hospitality-focused training on how to prevent the contagion of Covid-19. We will continue to evaluate our training as best practices evolve and refresher sessions will be run prior to a return to work or if guidelines are changed.
Any staff member who shows symptoms will be told stay at home and will follow the current government guidelines before returning to work.
Booking and Pre-Arrival
Prior to your arrival we will contact you by phone or email to confirm and double-check all the details of your stay.
It is particularly important that we have a full and detailed understanding of your specific requirements particularly regarding bedroom configurations and extras for your stay.
We can also answer any further queries you may have regarding our safety plans.
Please advise us of your estimated arrival time so that we can ensure everything is ready for you. You can do this by phone text or email. firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 01328 823135 M 07443373224
Please check your site map for parking instructions and the route to your hired property.
We ask all guest to wear face-coverings on arrival and to practice social distancing measures in the shared outdoor and indoor areas.
Supermarket deliveries are not permitted onsite before 5.00pm. Drivers are not permitted access to the property before you arrive. Staff will not re-enter the property after the clean has been completed prior to your arrival.
Please do not arrive on site before 5.00pm. This is to ensure that the housekeeping team have time to complete thorough deep cleans and disinfection of our properties. If we have not had a changeover on your day of arrival it may be possible to agree an earlier arrival time. This cannot be confirmed until 48 hours prior to arrival and must be confirmed in writing by us.
We are operating a self-check-in. You will have been sent a key-box code for the box adjacent to the front door of the property. Just let yourselves in, you’ll find tea coffee and milk in the fridge and a welcome gift to help you settle in.
Please check you have everything you need and send a text or email to let us know you have checked-in.
We suggest you bring a torch if you are likely to arrive after dark!
During Your Stay
Cleaning & General Hygiene: We ask that you take extra measures to be more vigilant about hygiene during your stay, both for the safety of you, your guests and our staff who will be coming in to clean after your departure. Please use the hand sanitiser provided outside and inside of the pool games room & laundry (if open). We have provided some disinfectant and cleaning products in the housekeeping starter box so that you can clean as you go. Please bring your own hand sanitiser, soap and masks for use in the cottage and when you are out and about. (We provide a small starter kit of these items.)
Every cottage will be deep cleaned and fully sanitised before each stay – this is taking a little longer than normal.
Bottles of hand sanitiser will be placed in all our cottages for use during your stay. For further peace of mind, we shall also supply each property with surface sanitiser and paper towels (which should be disposed of in the bin rather than the loo).
Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, carpet, chairs and other furniture are misted with an approved virucidal sanitising solution, which helps to combat Covid-19 but is otherwise harmless to you and us.
All consumables will be replaced before each stay and all printed material has been removed from your room to avoid cross-contamination.
In the event a guest has symptoms during their stay, they will be asked to return home as soon as possible, the cottage will be sealed for 72 hours and not let until it has been deep cleaned.
The shared laundry is currently closed and will remain so until restrictions have been lifted further. There are risks concerned with laundry and airborne germs at the moment it is not considered safe to use this shared space. Please bring extra clothes and pool towels for use during your stay. (If you have an emergency and you need to use the machines please let us know and we will make a special arrangement with you). The laundry is used by our smaller sleep 3 & 4 cottages plus Woodpecker – larger sleeping 6 properties have their own washing machines.
We are delighted to say that from April 12th our luxury indoor heated pool will be open, however please note the following restrictions:
- Pre-allocated swim times must be observed – please keep to your time within the pool to 55 minutes – 5 minutes to leave the building.
- Please check the timetable for your allocated swim-times – available on our website prior to your stay – pool times cannot be altered.
- Swimmers must be out of the pool building at the end of their swim time.
- Swimmers to bring their own pool towels (+ extra towels if the shared laundry cannot be used)
- Swimmers should arrive for a “beach ready swim” changing rooms are closed.
- Please ensure your family use the W.C. in your cottage before swimming.
- Access to the pool is via open showers – please use the soap provided and shower before you swim.
- Please bring a robe or cover-up to wear to and from the pool building and change in your cottage.
- One family at a time – swim slots cannot be shared. No spectators.
- Clean bare feet from the lobby to the pool. Shoes must be worn crossing the courtyard.
- Pool use is subject to following the pool safety rules agreed at time of booking.
- Do not swim if you or anyone in your party is feeling unwell, has flu-like symptoms, nausea, diarrhoea or a high temperature.
If you wish to play tennis during your stay please bring your own tennis racquets and balls. Please be mindful of other guests wishing to use the courts. One family/household on the courts at any one time.
Our games Room is currently closed. We will look to re-open the facility as soon as it is safe to do so. There are just too many high touch items in the games room that we cannot guarantee safe use of the space.
- To avoid crowding in our tiny reception please leave your keys on the table for our housekeeper to collect. Just text or email us to let us know that you have left.
- Please leave promptly by 9.00am unless we have made alternative arrangements with you, if we do not have new guests arriving on the same day. We need all of the time to complete the necessary Covid-19 tasks and protocols.
- If you are leaving on a Sunday please lock up the house close all windows and replace the keys in the key-box.
- We respectfully suggest that you pack the night before in order to be able to leave on time. Please leave the dishwasher running.
Please do the following before you leave:
- Please leave your cottage in a clean and tidy condition.
- On the morning of your departure please open all of the windows, including bedrooms, (unless its pouring with rain! or you are leaving at night or on a Sunday) and leave open when you leave. Please make sure the stays are tightened so that the windows don’t bang if it’s windy.
- Please empty all bathroom bins and kitchen bins. Please take your waste to our recycling area adjacent to the main car park. Please ensure that the rubbish sacks are tied securely at the top. Clean dry recycling only in the recycling bin please. Nappies in household general waste.
- Bedding & towels on departure: Please strip your beds and place the linen in the bags provided. Please do not include the duvet or pillow protectors, tea towels or cleaning cloths as we launder those in house. Please place these items in the coloured waste bag provided.
- This is to protect our staff from any possible contamination while changing the beds when the virus can become airborne. We would be very grateful if you could do this for us.
- You do not need to remove the pillow protectors or mattress covers, just the bedlinen. The protectors will be changed before the beds are re-made.
- Dishwasher: Please do the washing-up before you leave. If you have glasses, cutlery & crockery that needs washing before departure please load the dishwasher and start the programme before you go.
COVID-19 – ALTERATIONS
All crockery, cutlery & glasses will be in the dishwasher when you arrive. Everything will have gone through a sanitising hot wash cycle ready for your use.
In order to cut down the risk of infection, we have had to remove some items that we normally provide. We have removed excess high touch items as everything is washed between guest’s arrival and departure.
We have reduced the number of cushions and additional textiles usually provided in the cottage, in the Case of Covid we feel that less is probably more!
We have removed some ornaments, books and games. These present too much of a risk of possible contamination and we have been advised to remove them.
There are still some ornaments on shelves which we’ve left as we didn’t want to things to feel too minimal – we are usually all about home from home comfort!
Please remember that these are for decoration and are not to be used.
Our reception has restricted entry. It is very small – if the door is open we will see you and pop out for a socially distanced chat – please wear a face-covering. Alternatively, you can send us an email.