Arrival and Check-in
Getting to Cranmer
- Brochure maps provide sufficient detail to help you plan your route and see the layout of the site; this information is also available on the website
- Arrival days: Fridays (weeks and weekends); or Mondays (midweeks)
- Arrival time 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm, check in at Reception
- If you are likely to arrive later than 6.30 pm please telephone at least 48 hours in advance or before 5.00 pm on the day (if you are delayed by traffic, etc) to advise us so that arrangements can be made about handing over your cottage key.
Conditions of hire
- Cranmer Country Cottages Standard Conditions of Hire can be downloaded here. You agreed to these conditions when you made your booking.
- Telephone contacts:
- Lynne & John Johnson contacts: Office 01328 823135
- Mobile reception in the Cranmer area is not always terribly good
- Public payphones are available in Games Room and Pool Changing Room, for use during your stay.
- Car parking for residents is opposite the main farm entrance courtyard, the hard standing in front of the open barn. Do remember to lock your car. Take care when crossing the public road between main courtyard and car parking area as it's a blind corner. Warn children.
- Farm entrance courtyard can be used for unloading/loading purposes only. Exercise extreme care as children play in courtyard.
- Do not use the area to the left when entering the farm courtyard, this is for private use only.
- Woodpecker and Garden House can use the courtyard in front of the cottages.
- Avocet and Coot Cottages must use the new car park at the north end of the site.
- Residents in these cottages should keep to the road verge when making their way between their cottage and the main courtyard. Always exercise extreme care.
- A torch can be useful in north Norfolk and for those staying in Woodpecker, Garden House, Avocet and Coot.
What to bring with you
Use these links to find out what is available in each cottage so you know what personal items you need to pack.
- Inventory for Owl Cottage
- Inventory for Wagtail Cottage
- Inventory for Tern Cottage
- Inventory for Swallow Cottage
- Inventory for Woodpecker Cottage
- Inventory for Avocet Cottage
- Inventory for Garden House
- Inventory for Coot Cottage
Online Food Ordering - Delivered for your Arrival
We would love you to try our delicious Norfolk food during your stay and a visit to the local Walsingham farm shop is a must but for other essentials Waitrose, Tesco & Sainsbury's deliver to Cranmer Country Cottages. Please ensure that your food order arrives after you do( preferably after 5.00 pm) to avoid the busy arrival period between 4.00 pm & 5.00 pm.
- Lynne and/or John Johnson are on-site much of the time and can respond to problems and queries in normal office hours 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. Staff are on-site between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm.
- Should Lynne & John be away then staff will be on duty in normal office hours : 07774 863801 can be contacted in extreme emergency
- Emergencies will be aided if practical out of hours.
- Barns and sheds at the Farm are out of bounds to all visitors, especially children. They may contain hazardous machinery. This includes the open barn by the car park. Children may play in the main courtyard, the playing field and the games room but they are the sole responsibility of parents/guardians and should be supervised at all times.
- The nearest local pub serving food and which is child friendly and has disabled access is Sculthorpe Mill 01328 856161 - about 2 miles south of Cranmer.
- Provided in cottage and includes: 1 toilet roll; black rubbish bags; dishwasher tablets and cleaning materials.
- Remember to bring such supplies for the duration of your stay - the cottages are self catering.
- Morrisons and Tesco supermarkets are 10 minutes drive away in Fakenham; Morrisons open till 8.00 pm & Tesco opens
- until 10.00 pm on Fridays. See Local map.
- Cottages are heated, and supplied with bed linen and towels but you must provide your own towels for the swimming pool.
- Extras that must be booked in advance: Z-bed; travel cot; high chair, accessibility extras.
- We do not provide bed linen for a travel cot; guests must supply linen and assemble cot on arrival.
- Bikes may be stored in the lock-up bicycle store and should be put away at night.
- Washing machines free. Tumble driers use £1 coins. Supply and use your own environmentally friendly washing powder.
- Swimming Pool is for the use of residents and members only, not their casual guests.
- Abide by Swimming Pool Rules, which you have agreed to and signed.
- Pool is available from 5.00 pm on the Friday evening.
- Swimming towels are not provided.
- Toddlers and babies must wear aqua nappies and swimming costumes.
- Loss of pool access key incurs £20.00 made to your elected credit or debit card.
- Do not leave rubbish or food on the patio or outside the cottage as it will attract unwanted vermin.
- Deposit your waste in the correct bin at our recycling centre near the car park.
- Guests who booked more than one cottage must ensure that they return all moveable items (such as kitchen utensils and furniture) to the correct cottage at the end of their stay. An inventory will be found in the Information folder. Failure to do so may result in a deduction from the damage deposit for additional cleaning services
- As part of the Home Farm ethos we encourage all visitors to respect and care for the environment during their stay.
- Information folder in each cottage provides a fuller explanation. It's worth reading on arrival.
- Tourist information and a large wall map can be found in the Games Room.
- Departure from your cottage must be by 10.00 am on the Friday (or Monday).
- Cottages must be left in the same clean and tidy condition as you find them when you arrive. For example all washing up complete, bathroom clean and floors swept. If you cannot face the clean on departure day you can book a house keeping clean in advance at a cost of £30.00 in sleep 4 properties and £40.00 in sleep 6 properties. Failure to leave the cottages in a presentable condition will levy an additional cost of £50.00 ( £100.00 in larger cottages).
- Midweek 2 hour clean - vaccuum, dust, tidy kitchen & bathroom clean @ £25.00 & midbreak clean when staying for 2 weeks £25.00 including beds change and clean laundry. If you are staying for 2 weeks clean linen is supplied free of charge for you to change beds in your own time.
- Finally, do enjoy your stay in this fascinating part of north Norfolk. with its unspoilt rural countryside, villages, sandy beaches, hidden treasures, wildlife, and friendly people.